HSBC Bank Bermuda Limited is committed to preserving the confidentiality of all personal data you provide to us. We have therefore adopted privacy principles as a critical component of our relationship with you. The following privacy principles apply:
- We only collect information that we believe to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs and to conduct our business.
- We use your information to provide you with better customer services and products.
- We may pass your information to sister companies within the HSBC Group. We will not disclose your information to any external organisation unless we have your consent or are required by law.
- We may be required from time to time to disclose your information to governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
- We aim to keep your information up-to-date. We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to your information by anyone, including our staff.
- All HSBC Group companies, all our staff and all third parties with access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
WEB BEACONS AND SPOTLIGHT TAGS
The HSBC Bermuda website may contain electronic images, known as web beacons or spotlight tags. These enable HSBC to count users who have visited certain pages on our website. Web beacons and spotlight tags are simply tools used to obtain generic information about the web pages visited. They are not used to obtain information about specific users.